Oh, Palm Beach!
What can we say in this Palm Beach travel guide that can’t be better described with a Lilly Pulitzer dress? Yes, Palm Beach is the original home of Lilly Pulitzer – a city colored in pastels and perfect for a weekend getaway with girlfriends.
Thank you for supporting us by using the links to shop in our articles! We receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) to continue creating helpful, free content. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon and other retailers featured on the blog.
Palm Beach has a vibe of luxury and ladies who lunch- but it has kept up with its audience and now caters to young millennials at its door.
Spend a weekend here, and you’ll quickly see history woven into modern amenities. It is a city almost encapsulated by the outside world, complete with couples dressed up for jazz nights at the lounges scattered throughout the city.
Are you looking to plan a fun-filled trip to Palm Beach, Florida? Here are a few of our favorite things to note:
Top places to stay in Palm Beach:
- The Colony: One of the prettiest places to stay in Palm Beach.
- Tropicals of Palm Beach: Stunning hotel condo located close to the beach.
- White Elephant Palm Beach: Beautiful property and amazing staff.
Tours and Activities to help you enjoy your time in Palm Beach:
- Sunset Cruise: Book this if you’re looking for a good time.
- Downtown West Palm Beach Food Tour: This is worth the drive, especially for the key lime pie lovers.
- Palm Beach Sightseeing Tour: A private, customizable tour led by a local guide
We recommend getting a car if you want to make the most of your time in Palm Beach. RentalCars is our go-to car place.
HOW TO GET TO PALM BEACH: FLY, DRIVE
While there is an international airport in Palm Beach, you’ll be better off (and have more options) if you fly into Fort Lauderdale or Miami. Both are less than 1.5 hours away.
We recommend flying into one of those cities and renting yourself a car so you can explore Palm Beach easily.
WHERE TO STAY IN PALM BEACH:
No Palm Beach travel guide would be complete with a note about the stunning hotels.
Palm Beach’s hotel game is a study in design. As it caters to an affluent clientele, the hotels here match with the decor.
If this is your first time in Palm Beach, we highly recommend staying at one of the following hotels to get the true sense of what this beautiful city has to offer.
You’d be hard-pressed to find a more iconic hotel than The Colony. Showcasing the perfect combination of pastel pinks on the outside and green palm leaves on the inside, The Colony is everything Palm Beach and more. The hallways are plastered with light green palm leaves that anywhere else would be too much, but here they are just right.
It’s easy to lose track of time at The Colony- your days can be spent by the gorgeous pool lounging on pastel green lounge chairs, and evenings listening jazz while sipping a classic cocktail at the bar.
You can also borrow a cute pastel pink bike and explore the side streets lined with charming homes that are covered with thick moss and beautiful flowers, or, if biking isn’t your thing, you can take a short walk (or a ride in the hotel shuttle) to Worth Avenue where you can grab a bite to eat or do some major damage to your bank account.
BRAZILIAN COURT HOTEL
You might know about the Brazilian Court because it was where Sofia Vergara held her rehearsal dinner. But that’s not its only claim to fame. Brazilian Court is home to Daniel Boulud’s Cafe Boulud and the beautiful Fekkai Salon -the namesake of world-renowned stylist Frederic Fekkai.
The rooms are Spanish Colonial design with dark mahogany wood pieces to make the spaces feel as homey and comfortable as possible. Bonus: they also have Lilly Pulitzer bikes for guests to use.
The courtyard and the pools are designed with guest privacy in mind as well. The hotel constantly hosts celebrities from all over the world- it’s no surprise that they take service and privacy seriously.
Even if you don’t stay here- we recommend popping in for brunch or dinner at Cafe Boulud, or a blow dry at Fekkai Salon, so you look your best.
Palm Beach Travel Guide: THINGS TO DO IN PALM BEACH:
- Flagler Museum: You don’t even have to be a history lover to appreciate Henry Flagler’s impact on the state of Florida. While the house was a gift from Henry Flagler to his second wife, it does still bore an imprint of the man as he resided there. The rooms are full of stories of guests who shaped what the South is today. The courtyard has some of the best views of the water as well. Pop into the museum to get a bit more insight. It’s worth every second!
- Worth Avenue: Palm Beach’s answer to Rodeo Drive. The avenue is lined with designer boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer and Tiffany’s. Hidden behind every alleyway is a little bit of history- from Lilly Pulitzer’s original juice stand to her new flagship store across from Tiffany’s.
TIP: You can book a private shopping experience at Lilly Pulitzer where you can design your own shift dress.
- Sunset Cruise: A great way to capture the city skyline and all the pretty homes along the water with Hakuna Matata. No need to bring drinks as there is a full bar on the boat.
- Breakers: While it is a private member’s club, that doesn’t mean that you can’t pop in for a drink and look around. Grab a drink at HMF and see how the 1% spend their time.
- Spa time at O Spa: Take the stress away by spending the day getting pampered at one of the best spas in Florida.
- Get cultured with The Society of Four Arts: There’s nothing like getting dressed up and going to the Opera or a show and chances are that The Society of Four Arts has something for you.
WHERE TO EAT IN PALM BEACH:
TABOO: Located on Worth Avenue- this is THE place to go with friends for brunch, lunch, or dinner. The breathtakingly designed interior and soft pink exterior is a treat for the eyes. And that’s before you indulge in the American bistro-style menu.
Address: 221 Worth Ave, Palm Beach, FL 33480
BICE: We can’t say enough about the delicious menu Italian menu at Bice. Pop in here for dinner, and make sure you order the rigatoni to the norm.
Address: 313 Worth Avenue Palm Beach, FL 33480
CAFE BOULUD: Nestled inside Brazilian Court- one of our favorite hotels in Palm Beach- Cafe Boulud is world renowned for its exquisite menu. We recommend popping in for lunch (as a break from the hot sun while shopping on Worth Avenue) or brunch on weekends to get the full experience.
Address: 301 Australian Ave, Palm Beach, FL 33480
PB CATCH: If being by the water makes you want seafood, then PB Catch is the place to go. Head here for dinner and drinks with friends and see where the night takes you.
Address: 251 Sunrise Ave, Palm Beach, FL 33480
COYO TACO: Taco lovers- we found our place. Great tacos (try the duck tacos), really casual vibe, and a hidden bar aka speakeasy that will take your night to the next level.
Address: 337 Royal Poinciana Way, Palm Beach, FL 33480
HMF: You can’t go to Palm Beach and not pop into HMF for a drink or two. Fun fact- this is pretty much the only way to explores Breakers.
Address: 1 S County Rd, Palm Beach, FL 33480
WHAT TO PACK FOR PALM BEACH:
Our Palm Beach travel guide won’t be complete with a quick packing guide because packing for Palm Beach, Florida is a little different than the rest of Florida.
You should include items that cater to Palm Beach’s warm climate, upscale venues, and beautiful beaches. Here’s what we recommend bringing with you:
- Lightweight and breathable fabrics (linen, cotton) for the warm weather.
- Chic swimwear for the beach and poolside lounging.
- Elegant evening attire for fine dining and upscale nightlife.
- Comfortable walking shoes for exploring and sandals for the beach.
- A light jacket or shawl for cooler evenings.
- Sun Protection:
- A durable and stylish beach bag to carry your essentials. We like this one– it’s beautiful.
- Jewelry and accessories to complement your evening outfits.
- Health and Beauty:
- Essential toiletries and personal hygiene items.
- Makeup and skincare products suited for a humid climate.
- Insect repellent, especially if you plan to visit natural areas.
- Entertainment and Tech:
Looking for a full packing guide for this trip? You can find our entire women’s travel essentials list here.
Remember to check the weather forecast before your trip and adjust your packing list accordingly. Palm Beach offers a mix of leisure and luxury, so pack items that are versatile and suitable for various occasions.
Wrapping things up, Palm Beach really has it all, doesn’t it? As we’ve seen in this Palm Beach travel guide, whether you’re hitting the town with your girlfriends or just looking to soak up some sun and culture, this place won’t disappoint.
So why not spend a few days getting to know the city and all its cool spots? Trust me, you’ll find something you love around every corner. Here’s to good times and great memories in Palm Beach!
This guide was created in partnership with The Palm Beaches, but the opinions are our own.