Oh, Palm Beach! What can we say about Palm Beach that can’t be better described with a Lilly Pulitzer dress? Yes, Palm Beach is the original home of Lilly Pulitzer – a city colored in pastels, and perfect for a weekend getaway with girlfriends.
Palm Beach has a vibe of luxury, and ladies who lunch- but it has kept up with its audience and now caters to young millennials at its door.
Spend a weekend here and you’ll quickly see history woven into with modern amenities. A city almost encapsulated from the outside world, complete with couples dressed up for jazz nights at the lounges scattered throughout the city.
HOW TO GET TO PALM BEACH: FLY, DRIVE
While there is an international airport in Palm Beach, you’re going to be better off (and have more options) if you fly into Fort Lauderdale or Miami. Both are less than 1.5 hours away.
We recommend flying into one of those cities and renting yourself a car so you can explore Palm Beach easily.
WHERE TO STAY IN PALM BEACH:
Palm Beach’s hotel game is a study in design. As it caters to an affluent clientele, the hotels here match with the decor. If this is your first time in Palm Beach, we highly recommend staying at one of the following hotels to get the true sense of what this beautiful city has to offer.[easy-image-collage id=2975]
You’d be hard pressed to find a more iconic hotel than The Colony. Showcasing the perfect combination of pastel pinks on the outside and green palm leaves on the inside, The Colony is everything Palm Beach and more. The hallways are plastered with light green palm leaves that anywhere else would be too much, but here they are just right.
It’s easy to lose track of time at The Colony- your days can be spent by the gorgeous pool lounging on pastel green lounge chairs, and evenings listening jazz while sipping a classic cocktail at the bar.
You can also borrow a cute pastel pink bike and explore the side streets lined with charming homes that are covered with thick moss and beautiful flowers, or, if biking isn’t your thing, you can take a short walk (or a ride in the hotel shuttle) to Worth Avenue where you can grab a bite to eat or do some major damage to your bank account.
BRAZILIAN COURT HOTEL
Chances are that you might know about the Brazilian Court because it was where Sofia Vergara held her rehearsal dinner. But that’s not its only claim to fame. Brazilian Court is home to Daniel Boulud’s Cafe Boulud, as well as the beautiful Fekkai Salon -the namesake of world-renowned stylist Frederic Fekkai.
The rooms are Spanish Colonial design with dark mahogany wood pieces to make the spaces feel as homey and comfortable as possible. Bonus: they also have Lilly Pulitzer bikes for guest to use.
The courtyard and the pools are designed with guest privacy in mind as well. The hotel constantly hosts celebrities from all over the world- it’s no surprise that they take service, and privacy seriously.
Even if you don’t stay here- we recommend popping in for brunch or dinner at Cafe Boulud, or a blow dry at Fekkai Salon, so you look your best.
THINGS TO DO IN PALM BEACH:
- Flagler Museum: You don’t even have to be a history lover to appreciate the impact that Henry Flagler has had on the state of Florida. While the house was a gift from Henry Flagler to his second wife, it does still bore an imprint of the man as he resided there. The rooms are full of stories of guests who went on to shape what the South is today. The courtyard has some of the best views of the water as well. Pop into the museum to get a bit more insight. It’s worth every second!
- Worth Avenue: Palm Beach’s answer to Rodeo Drive. The avenue is lined with designer boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer and Tiffany’s. Hidden behind every alleyway is a little bit of history- from Lilly Pulitzer’s original juice stand to her new flagship store across from Tiffany’s.
TIP: You can book a private shopping experience at Lilly Pulitzer where you can design your own shift dress.[easy-image-collage id=2977]
- Sunset Cruise: A great way to capture the city skyline and all the pretty homes along the water with Hakuna Matata. No need to bring drinks as there is a full bar on the boat.
- Breakers: While it is a private member’s club, that doesn’t mean that you can’t pop in for a drink and look around. Grab a drink at HMF and see how the 1% spend their time.
- Spa time at O Spa: Take the stress away by spending the day getting pampered at one of the best spas in Florida.
- Get cultured with The Society of Four Arts: There’s nothing like getting dressed up and going to the Opera or a show and chances are that The Society of Four Arts has something for you.
WHERE TO EAT IN PALM BEACH:[easy-image-collage id=2978]
Located on Worth Avenue- this is THE place to go with friends for brunch, lunch or dinner. The breathtakingly designed interior combined with the soft pink exterior is a treat for the eyes. And that’s before you indulge on the American Bistro style menu.
Address: 221 Worth Ave, Palm Beach, FL 33480
We can’t say enough about the delicious menu Italian menu at Bice. Pop in here for dinner, and make sure you order the rigatoni to the norm.
Address: 313 Worth Avenue Palm Beach, FL 33480
Nestled inside Brazilian Court- one of our favorite hotels in Palm Beach- Cafe Boulud is world renowned for its exquisite menu. We recommend popping in for lunch (as a break from the hot sun while shopping on Worth Avenue) or brunch on weekends to get the full experience.
Address: 301 Australian Ave, Palm Beach, FL 33480[easy-image-collage id=2980]
If being by the water makes you want seafood, then PB Catch is the place to go. Head here for dinner and drinks with friends and see where the night takes you.
Address: 251 Sunrise Ave, Palm Beach, FL 33480
Taco lovers- we found our place. Great tacos (try the duck tacos), really casual vibe, and a hidden bar aka speakeasy that will take your night to the next level.
Address: 337 Royal Poinciana Way, Palm Beach, FL 33480
You can’t go to Palm Beach and not pop into HMF for a drink or two. Fun fact- this is pretty much the only way to explores Breakers.
Address: 1 S County Rd, Palm Beach, FL 33480
WHAT TO PACK FOR PALM BEACH:
As you can see, there’s something to do in Palm Beach for everyone. We recommend spending a few days with girlfriends getting to know the city and everything that it has to offer.
This guide was created in parternship with The Palm Beaches, but all the opinions are our own.