If you’ve ever become tired of faceless, impersonal nature of most hotels, you’ll know what we mean when we say that we were craving a little local character and history on our recent trip to Florence from Rome.
And luckily, we found just that with the Hotel Torre di Bellosguardo, since it’s …especially during peak tourist seasons or if you want to see Florence on a Sunday.
Everything about this hotel is authentic and breathes history.
Torre di Bellosguardo was originally built around a tower from the 15th century, fully restored to a luxury, 4-star hotel. The grounds host a pool, beautiful gardens where the hosts grow vegetables, flowers, and other beautiful plants, and even some resident animals who you can visit.
From the beautiful grounds to the tower and the views, it’s a stunning property with beautiful rooms, which are large and tastefully decorated, keeping with the traditional style of the hotel. Enjoy the large, four poster beds and windows that open to the best views in all of Florence.
The hotel only has 16 rooms, so you always receive the best of customer service from the staff and the owners of the hotel. You never feel as if you’re just a number, and they’ll go out of their way to ensure that you have an excellent stay.
The buffet breakfast is full of fresh, delicious food, and is served in a beautiful dining room. Grab a drink in the bar in the evening, or enjoy dinner that the staff will order for you from a local restaurant.
Kick back and relax in the stunning orangery, a beautiful solarium with comfortable seating and greenery, or take a walk down beautiful winding paths to restaurants, squares, and attractions.
Hotel Torre di Bellosguardo is the perfect place to be in Florence, giving you an authentic Italian experience which is really unrivalled in today’s hospitality industry.
- ADDRESS: Via Roti Michelozzi, 2, 50124 – Firenze, Italia
- AMENITIES: Free WIFI, TV, Hair dryer, Toiletries, Pool
- IS THERE A BAR?: Yes.
- YOU CAN WALK TO: Squares, restaurants, attractions
- EASIEST FORM OF TRANSPORT TO AND FROM HOTEL: Taxi
- OVERALL IMPRESSION: Charming, historical, authentic
Things to do near Hotel Torre di Bellosguardo in Florence:
Visit the Boboli Gardens: The Boboli Gardens are located just a short walk from the hotel and offer beautiful views of Florence. The gardens are home to a variety of sculptures, fountains, and historic buildings.
Explore the Pitti Palace: The Pitti Palace is a historic palace located in the Oltrarno district of Florence, just a short distance from the hotel. The palace houses several museums and galleries, including the Palatine Gallery and the Museum of Costume and Fashion.
Walk across the Ponte Vecchio: The Ponte Vecchio is one of Florence’s most famous landmarks, and it’s located just a short distance from the hotel. The bridge is lined with shops selling jewelry, art, and souvenirs.
Visit the Uffizi Gallery: The Uffizi Gallery is one of the most famous art museums in the world, and it’s located just a short distance from the hotel. The museum is home to works by some of the most famous artists in history, including Botticelli, Michelangelo, and Leonardo da Vinci.
Take a cooking class: Florence is known for its delicious Tuscan cuisine, and there are several cooking schools located near the hotel where you can learn how to make traditional dishes like pasta and pizza.
Enjoy a wine tasting: Florence is home to some of Italy’s best wines, and there are several wineries and wine bars located near the hotel where you can sample local varieties like Chianti and Brunello di Montalcino.
HOW TO GET TO Hotel Torre di Bellosguardo:
There are several ways to get to Hotel Torre di Bellosguardo in Florence, depending on your starting location. Here are some options:
- By taxi: You can take a taxi from Florence city center to the hotel, which is located on Via Roti Michelozzi. The journey takes around 15 minutes and costs approximately €15-20.
- By bus: You can take bus number 13 from Florence city center to the Via Roti Michelozzi stop, which is located near the hotel. The journey takes around 20-25 minutes and costs €1.50 for a single ticket.
- By car: If you have a car, you can drive to the hotel and park in the free private parking area. The hotel is located on a hill overlooking Florence, so be prepared for some narrow and winding roads.
- By foot: If you’re feeling adventurous, you can walk to the hotel from Florence city center. The journey takes around 45 minutes to an hour and involves a steep uphill climb, but the views from the hotel are worth it. We’re done this at during the day, but HIGHLY recommend taking a taxi at night.