DO YOU HAVE A STORY TO TELL? ARE YOU A TRAVELER, ARTIST, WRITER, FOODIE?
Darling Escapes is finding that piece of paradise in the middle of chaos, and we want to showcase your moments of peace.
We’re looking for articles, and photo essays of places that leave you in awe.
Darling Escapes is looking to share your stories, travel tips and tricks in front our audience on the website and social media channels. Our community is built on voices like yours, and we’re looking forward to adding your content to the conversation to help empower more women to travel, and help grow your digital footprint online.
We get a ton of submissions each week, so we’ve pulled together this guide to help make it easy to create posts that resonate with our audience.
We’re currently only accepting guest posts from female travelers. For all commercial inquires, please contact us for partnership opportunities.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING THE FOLLOWING TYPE OF CONTENT:
- Top 10 things to see,
- Weekend guides,
- Girlfriend getaways,
- Mother-daughter getaways,
- Foodie’s guide
- Most Instagrammable places
- Festival guides
- What to pack,
- Best cameras,
- Last minute travel tips
- Best air travel hacks
- Where to stay
- What to wear
- Best travel apps/podcasts
how to structure your posts
ORIGINAL CONTENT: In order to provide new content for your readers, and showcase you in the best light, we ask that all content submitted to us be original. Duplicate content has negative impacts on all sites, so we ask that you don’t republish it after posting it on DE, otherwise, we will have to remove it.
CONTENT LENGTH: All content published on DE need to be at least 1100 words, with the ideal length over 1800 words.
READABILITY: All content/articles should be spelled checked and have short paragraphs over 3-5 sentences, with the proper use of titles, bold, italics, and links. Use proper intro paragraphs, and conclusions. In order to make it easy for our readers to follow your suggestions, please use the right links to ensure that your content will be published.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Please provide a minimum of 2-4 images that are sized under 400KB. All photos should be at least 800px wide. ONLY SUBMIT IMAGES THAT YOU HAVE RIGHTS TO.
SEO: Please sure SEO best practices, by naming images properly, using H tags in the right places. We understand that not everyone is comfortable with SEO, so we reserve the right to edit for SEO, grammar, and flow.
(BUT FIRST READ THE FAQ’S BELOW)
DO’S & DON’TS
- Post awesome content that aligns with Darling Escape’s philosophy
- Share your favorite content
- Support others in the community and help share their message
- Post inappropriate content (suggestive, spam, violent… you get the idea)
- Plagiarize. You may share content from another source by writing a brief summary of the content and linking back to the original article or photo essay.
- Submit random press releases. If you’d like to explore a partnership, we’d love to hear from you so please contact us.
- Reach out to brands as a representative of Darling Escapes on your own, but there is the possibility of us working together for sponsored trips.
WHEN CAN I START SUBMITTING CONTENT TO DARLING ESCAPES?
Right now! What are you waiting for Feel free to send us an email after you’ve read the Guidelines below.
CAN I REPOST CONTENT FROM MY BLOG?
We ask that you contribute new content, or posts that you have re-written for DE site. We do not publish duplicate content.
HOW DO I UPLOAD A VIDEO?
You can share videos by using the embed codes provided by YouTube, Vimeo or any other online content hosting service. Just copy the code and paste it into the body of your submission.
HOW DO I ADD PHOTOS TO MY POST?
You can add photos a few different ways:
- In the content by using the embed codes provided by Flickr or any other online content hosting service that provides embed codes. Just copy the code and paste it into the body of your submission.
- Ensure that you send everything through in ONE EMAIL.
- Upload them to the form below.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Be sure to fill out all the necessary information in the Submit form and triple check your content, imagery, and videos for errors before submitting the post for review.
- ADD YOUR BYLINE (your name). If you don’t write: “By Suzy Smith” at the top of the post, your name will not appear.
- Add your bio. This is your opportunity to tell people who you are and how they can connect with you.
- We reserve the right to add affiliate links, links to other posts, and edit for readability.
- We do not pay for contributions at this time.
Respect Originality and Plagiarism: Plagiarism is a no-no. Your work should be original and not previously published elsewhere. We respect intellectual property rights, and we expect you to do the same. If you include quotes or references from other sources, please provide proper credit.
Abide by Ethical Standards: When writing about sponsored content or experiences, be transparent with our readers. Disclose any partnerships, collaborations, or compensation you may have received for your article.
Engage with Readers: We love it when our writers engage with our readers. Respond to comments and questions on your articles. Building a connection with our community makes the whole experience more rewarding for everyone!
WILL I BE FEATURED ON THE DARLING ESCAPES INSTAGRAM POST?
Not every post is going to be featured on our account (you can find out what we look for here), but we do feature every article on Instagram stories, and will be tagging you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You are not considered an employee of Darling Escapes by submitting photos, videos, or articles.
You retain the rights to your content. However, we have to right to edit and alter content for readability, and SEO.
You can read about our terms and conditions here.
If your article is chosen for publication we’ll inform you via email within 2 weeks with an approximate publication date.
Thank you for trusting Darling Escapes with your story! We look forward to sharing it!