Cabo San Lucas is a vibrant coastal city that truly comes to life in March. With the winter crowd dispersing and the summer storms still on the horizon, this month is a hidden gem for those looking to enjoy mild weather without the hustle and bustle.
You can expect long, sun-soaked days where the temperatures are comfortably warm, perfect for a wide range of outdoor activities or simply lounging by the beach.
During your visit in March, you’ll be greeted with sunny skies while evenings bring a slight chill, perfect for a relaxed dinner by the water or a pleasant nighttime stroll along the marina.
The pleasant weather also makes it ideal for exploring the local culture and the various natural wonders Cabo offers.
As Cabo is not in its rainy season, you can look forward to an uninterrupted getaway with minimal rainfall. The comfortable climate, coupled with fewer tourists, provides a serene experience. Whether you’re interested in water sports, fine dining, or simply unwinding on the golden sands, Cabo in March is an excellent choice for a vacation that combines relaxation with adventure.
- Weather in March
- Things to Do
- Events and Festivals
- Travel Tips
- Accommodation Options
- Dining and Cuisine
- Shopping Destinations
- Beaches and Water Activities
- Day Trips and Excursions
The pleasant weather also makes it ideal for exploring the local culture and the various natural wonders Cabo offers. As Cabo is not in its rainy season, you can look forward to an uninterrupted getaway with minimal rainfall.
The comfortable climate, coupled with fewer tourists, provides a serene experience. Whether you’re interested in water sports, fine dining, or simply unwinding on the golden sands, Cabo in March is an excellent choice for a vacation that combines relaxation with adventure.
Weather in March
If you’re planning a trip to Cabo San Lucas, March is a great time to visit. With warm days and mild nights, you’ll find the weather to be quite pleasant.
Additionally, there’s minimal rainfall during this time of year, so you can enjoy all the outdoor activities the area has to offer without worrying about getting caught in a downpour.
- Daytime: Expect high temperatures to average around 81°F (27°C), with the warmest part of the day being the mid-afternoon.
- Nighttime: Nightly lows tend to drop to around 62°F (17°C) by the end of March, allowing for comfortable evenings.
Here’s a brief look at the average temperatures:
|Time of Day
|Average Temperature (°F)
|Average Temperature (°C)
Rainfall and Humidity
- Rainfall: Rain in March is a rarity, with practically zero rainy days expected throughout the month.
- Humidity: Average relative humidity tends to be moderate, around 62%.
What to Pack
- During the Day: Light clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and comfortable shoes for exploring.
- During the Night: A light jacket or sweater as it can be cooler, especially if you’re by the water.
Read More: Find the Best Time to Visit Cabo
Things to Do
Visiting Cabo San Lucas in March means you have a wide range of activities, from soaking in the sun on golden beaches to exploring the rich cultural scene.
Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or family fun, you’ll find plenty to fill your itinerary.
- Whale Watching: Take advantage of the tail end of the whale watching season to catch sight of these majestic creatures.
- Beaches: Unwind on the famous Lover’s Beach and explore the iconic El Arco by kayak or paddleboard.
- Golf: Tee off at one of the championship golf courses offering stunning ocean views.
- Fishing: Try your hand at sportfishing; striped marlin are a coveted catch in March.
- Cabo Pulmo National Park: Visit this protected area for snorkeling and to marvel at the marine life in the coral reef.
- Desert Safari: Experience the Baja California desert landscape on a family-friendly safari adventure
Nightlife and Entertainment
- Bars and Clubs: Discover the lively bars and clubs offering music, dancing, and signature drinks.
- Live Music: Enjoy live music performances catering to various musical tastes and atmospheres.
Cabo San Lucas in March : Events and Festivals
March in Cabo San Lucas offers you a variety of events and festivals that showcase the unique culture and lively spirit of the area.
- The Art Walk: Stroll through the historic art district, where galleries open their doors to public viewing, complemented by wine and appetizers.
- Food Festival: Indulge in local cuisine, where you can taste a variety of dishes and experience the flavors unique to Los Cabos.
- St. Patrick’s Day Party: Embrace the festive spirit with green-themed parties and Irish-inspired fun.
|The Art Walk
|St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations
|March 8 – 10, 13-16
|Baja Shakespeare Festival
During your visit, be sure to attend the Annual Baja Shakespeare Festival. This event, uniquely tailored by locals, often presents creative spins on Shakespeare’s works, appealing to literary enthusiasts and those looking for an engaging night out.
Stay hydrated and protect yourself from the sun while you immerse in the vibrant scene of Los Cabos during these events. Your time in Cabo in March will surely be filled with unforgettable experiences as you participate in these festive occasions.
When visiting Cabo San Lucas in March, it’s helpful to know how to navigate the area, stay safe, and manage your finances. Here’s a streamlined guide to make your stay smooth and enjoyable.
Car Rentals & Taxis: Renting a car allows you to explore Cabo at your own pace. Taxis are also widely available, but confirm the fare before you get in as rates are not always metered.
Public Transportation: Buses are an affordable option for getting around. They run frequently and cover most tourist areas.
IMPORTANT LINKS FOR YOUR TRIP
- Hotel/B&Bs: We’ve been using Booking.com for years and love them. They make it so easy to find the right place to say.
- Google flights: This is where we start for all our flight needs.
- Tours: Get Your Guide has been our go-to choice for pretty much all tours around the world.
- Car rentals: Rentalcars make it easy to get a rental car anywhere worldwide.
Beach Awareness: While the beaches are a main attraction, not all are safe for swimming due to strong currents. Stick to beaches that are designated as safe for swimmers.
Valuables: Keep your valuables secure and be mindful of your surroundings, especially in crowded areas.
Best Practices: Consider using a bank or ATM away from the airport for the best exchange rates. Keep in mind that most places in Cabo accept credit cards.
Cash Handling: It’s handy to carry some Mexican Pesos for smaller purchases, as some vendors don’t accept cards. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash with you.
When you visit Cabo San Lucas in March, you’ll find various accommodation options to suit your preferences and budget. From luxurious resorts to cozy vacation rentals and even budget-friendly stays, there’s something for everyone.
Resorts and Hotels
If you’re looking for a touch of luxury during your stay, you’re in luck because there are so many amazing properties that are known not just for their sumptuous rooms but also for comprehensive amenities.
We suggest these properties:
- Collection O Casa Bella Hotel Boutique – Known for its impressive design and boutique experience.
You can enjoy a more personalized experience by opting for a vacation rental. Whether it’s a beachfront villa or a cozy apartment, you’ll have the space to relax and enjoy Cabo San Lucas at your own pace.
- Beachfront Villas: Picture waking up to the sound of waves and enjoying your coffee with a sea view.
- Apartments: For those who prefer a homely feel, an apartment might be the perfect fit, complete with kitchen facilities.
On a budget? You’re in luck because Cabo San Lucas offers various coliving spaces that are ideal for digital nomads or if you’re planning a longer stay. Not only will you save money, but you’ll also get to meet fellow travelers.
- Coliving Spaces: Inexpensive and social, these are great for extended trips.
- Under $100: Look for accommodations a bit off the beaten path to enjoy lower rates without sacrificing comfort.
Dining and Cuisine
You’re in for a culinary treat when you visit Cabo San Lucas. The area offers an array of exceptional dining experiences, from local flavors to sophisticated international cuisine.
Local Dishes to Try
In Cabo San Lucas, you have the opportunity to savor unique and traditional Mexican dishes. Be sure to try:
- Chiles en nogada: A patriotic dish with a stuffed poblano pepper topped with walnut sauce and pomegranate seeds.
- Chocolate clams: A local specialty named for their brown shells, often prepared over an open flame.
Given its coastal location, Cabo is a paradise for seafood lovers. Here are a couple of must-visit venues:
- Mariscos Las Tres Islas: A local favorite for fresh seafood, known for its vibrant flavors and homey atmosphere.
- Lobster and Seafood: For a luxurious treat, local restaurants offer sumptuous lobster and a variety of seafood platters that highlight the day’s catch.
Cabo San Lucas’s dining scene is as international as it is diverse. You’ll find:
- Italian cuisine: Indulge in authentic pasta and pizza from cozy trattorias.
- Asian cuisine: Experience the fusion of local ingredients in sushi rolls and other Asian delicacies.
In Cabo San Lucas, you’ll find an array of shopping options to explore in March. From local markets filled with handmade goods to chic boutiques offering custom fashions, there’s something for every taste and budget.
When you visit local markets, you’re in for a treat. Not only will you discover unique handcrafted items, but you’ll also feel the vibrant pulse of Cabo’s local culture. Stroll through open-air markets to find artisanal jewelry, ceramics, and textiles. The Mercado Municipal is a notable spot where you can find an assortment of produce and traditional Mexican crafts.
For souvenirs to commemorate your Cabo trip, check out the specialty and gift shops scattered throughout the downtown area. One of the favored stops includes Whimsical Art Cabo, known for its wide range of local art pieces. Here, you’ll find mementos that are both meaningful and reflective of the local art scene.
Malls and Boutiques
If you’re after a more upscale shopping experience, Cabo’s malls and boutiques have plenty to offer. Luxury Avenue stands out with its high-end brands and designer stores for a more lavish shopping day.
For exclusive local designs, stop by Magic of the Moon, a celebrated boutique where you can indulge in custom ladies’ fashions that have been a staple since 1991.
Beaches and Water Activities
In March, Cabo San Lucas becomes a vibrant playground for beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts alike. The pleasant weather and inviting sea temperatures make it ideal for a day on the sand or in the water.
- Playa del Amor (Lover’s Beach): Accessible only by water taxi, this beach is a must-see, featuring dramatic rock formations and clear waters.
- Medano Beach: The most famous beach in Cabo for swimming and beachside services, with a buzzing atmosphere and a safe area for a dip.
- Snorkeling & Diving: Explore the underwater world at sites like Pelican Rock, known for its diverse marine life.
- Whale Watching: Take a tour in March to witness majestic whales on their migration routes; this is a seasonal but unforgettable experience. We recommend this whale-watching tour.
Day Trips and Excursions
If you’re visiting Cabo San Lucas in March, taking a day trip is a delightful way to explore the region. Here are a few options you can consider:
Snorkeling and Water Tours: The Sea of Cortez is your aquatic playground, offering snorkeling boat tours and sunset tours. You might even spot a whale or two if you choose a whale watching excursion, as these majestic creatures are still around until April.
Cultural Destinations: Don’t miss out on the charming town of Todos Santos, known for its art galleries and quaint atmosphere. Alternatively, join a sightseeing Tour to soak in the local culture both in Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo.
- Todos Santos: Renowned for its cultural vibe and artisanal shops.
- Sightseeing Tour: Explore the history and landmarks of the locality.
Experience the best of Cabo in one day with this amazing tour. Enjoy a relaxing boat trip to the iconic Arch, explore the highlights of Cabo on a guided city tour, and indulge in a delicious lunch of local Mexican cuisine. Don’t miss out on this hassle-free way to experience all the amazing sights and vibes of Cabo. >>>>Book your tour here<<<<
Adventure Activities: For the thrill-seekers, consider a 4×4 ATV Adventure. Additionally, there are unique experiences like a Pirate Ship Tour, which combines lore with stunning views, or possibly hop on a Booze Cruise for a lively time on the water.
- ATV Adventure: Experience the desert terrain in an exhilarating ride.
- Pirate Ship Tour: Savor the sea with a touch of historical fantasy.
When choosing any excursion, it’s important to book through reputable operators. Last-minute spots can be hard to come by, especially during the pleasant March weather, so plan ahead to ensure you don’t miss out on these memories in the making.
Important: Travel insurance protects your trip against unforeseen events such as trip cancellations, medical emergencies, and lost baggage. It provides peace of mind and financial protection, ensuring you can fully enjoy your travels without worrying about the unexpected.
We recommend VisitorCoverage for both trip and visitor coverage.
In conclusion, if you’re considering a trip to Cabo San Lucas in March, you can look forward to a perfect blend of favorable weather, a wide array of outdoor activities, and the captivating spectacle of the whale-watching season.
Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, or simply a memorable getaway, Cabo San Lucas in March promises an unforgettable experience. With its natural beauty and diverse offerings, this destination is sure to leave a lasting impression on any traveler during this delightful time of year.