There is a great trip out there for every group of girlfriends and we have come up with some great destinations within the United States for 2019. From a big city to a low country quiet town, here are some amazing cities to gather your buddies and hit the road for these best girlfriend getaways within the United States.
It’s no secret travel within the US can be wildly diverse. Art galleries in NYC, outrageous parties in Vegas until the sun comes up, stunning hikes in Yellowstone National Park or rather quiet Southern charm in Georgia… It’s time to pick what you need most right now and plan a city trip with your best gals. A tan, a drink or to de-stress?
1. Miami, FL. If it’s hot beaches and great nightlife you are looking for then Miami is the hotspot for this year’s girls trip. There are tons of great packages too that offer a variety of activities in the South Beach area. Flights are affordable from almost anywhere in the U.S. and you can’t beat the heat of Miami. With the large Cuban influence here you must seek out the Cuban expresso’s and famous Cubano sandwiches.
2. Chicago, IL. Even though The Windy City may be most known for all of it’s famous sports teams, this city is a girlfriend getaways paradise. The theater and comedy scene here, most famous is Second City, will treat all of you to not only some culture but lots of laughs. After a day of shopping on the Magnificent Mile, the best place to end up is the Ritz Carlton where they offer a wine and spa package. Pamper yourselves and a private sommelier will bring you some of the best wines you’ve ever tasted.
Tip: Even when traveling to Chicago alone, this city guide talks about the best spots.
3. Nashville, TN. Here in Music City not only will you find amazing country music all over town, but award winning restaurants and a bustling nightlife some compare to a mini Las Vegas. Shopping for rhinestone covered cowboy boots and also some of the finest boutiques round out this eclectic city.
4. New York City. Everyone loves the Big Apple for a weekend getaway and New York City can be very affordable if you plan ahead. It’s the perfect place for a fun girls weekend of sightseeing, shopping, eating out, and of course taking in a Broadway show. Another fun way to explore NYC is to book a cool boutique hotel in SOHO and check out all the shopping in that area. Little Italy is right near SOHO and has some of the best al fresco dining on the East Coast. Even as little as one day in this city will blow your mind, so this 24 hours guide for New York City will help along the way.
5. Charleston, S.C. If you want to discover one of the South’s most charming cities, than call your palls and book a girlfriend getaway trip to Charleston. Everything in the historical downtown is within walking distance and there are many choices for accommodations. If it’s southern gourmet food you love, then simply ask a local and they will point you in the right direction. Southern hospitality is number one here, so get ready to smile and laugh a lot. Beside this, Charleston has also made it to our list of cheap travel destinations within the USA.
6. Savannah, GA. This beautiful Georgia city is rated high on the list as a girls trip destination within the U.S.A. It’s the best of both worlds with a fun nightlife as well as luxury hotels with some of the top rated spas in the country. The historic city is walkable and has magnificent parks to explore, so pack a picnic and enjoy each other’s company without the distraction of a noisy restaurant. But don’t forget to go out and hit one of the 3 or 4 Diamond restaurants and order a mint julep!
7. Las Vegas, NV. “What happens here, stays here” with all of your best girlfriends and visiting Las Vegas with a large group is the way to go. There are so many sights, amazing restaurants and of course the Strip which has just about every casino theme imaginable. You can stay out super late if you want or relax at the hotel spa. Las Vegas is also known for its high end shopping scene, so start saving now.
8. San Juan, PR. You know how we love a good beach destination to unwind in with our gals. This stunning hot and sunny island is on everyone’s radar these days and has fully rebuilt from Hurricane Maria that hit in 2017. San Juan is also more than just a resort city, it’s food scene has sprouted some of the best restaurants than you need to try. The music, culture, and proud people makes San Juan a wonderful place to get the girls together. If you need a break from city life, head for a day trip to the relaxing beach in Culebra. Indulge in some fine dining and tasty rum drinks here in this colorful city, year round!
So don’t wait and call your college gals and long-lost friends and plan one of the best trips of the year. You deserve it!